Patient Complaint and Grievance Process
It is the policy of Mount St. Mary's Hospital that all internal and external customer (patient, physician, staff or visitors) complaints and problems will be addressed at the time of the occurrence in an effort to resolve the complaint or grievance and or review and improve the process.
- Patients have a right to complain without any fear of reprisal. Any patient or patient’s representative who expresses an issue or grievance is assured that this process is welcome and not fear that there would be any retaliation for initiating this action
- All patient and or family complaints received will be responded to promptly.
- While you are a patient in the hospital if you have a concern or complaint, you, or your representative can speak with the Director of the Floor, or the Nursing Supervisor (24/7). Your concerns will be responded to and an effort made to resolve the issues immediately.
- ICU/CCU -Chris Cassert - 298-2347
- 2nd Floor - Maryann Cogdill - 298-2932
- 5th Floor - Linda Nappo - 298-2343
- 6th Floor - Deborah Holliday - 298-2352
- Senior Director of Rehabilitation - Andrew Schultz - 298-3039
- Nursing Supervisor (24/7) - “0” (Switchboard to page)
- Senior Director Patient Care - Chris Cassert - 298-2347
- Vice President Patient Care - Barb Bucci - 298-2304
- If your concerns cannot be resolved, or you are not satisfied with the follow up, you may contact the Quality/Risk Management Department via telephone 298-2002, or in writing. Your concerns will be acknowledged via telephone or in writing within seven days and a resolution response within 30 days.
- In the event there is no satisfaction achieved through the Quality/Risk Management Department the patient will be given the opportunity to speak with the President/CEO.
- If there is still no satisfaction you may write to the Board Committee on Quality Improvement, at which time the Committee will review the grievance and issue a response in writing.
- You may also contact the New York State Department of Health Complaint Department at 1-800-804-5447 or the Joint Commission at 1-800-994-6610, if no resolution is reached.