The Department of Perioperative Services (Surgical Services) stands ready to serves the needs of the Niagara Community. If you should need our services either from our Emergency Room (EmStar) or on a scheduled basis through your physician, you can be sure that we will provide you with the same high quality service as rated in the last Niagara Health Quality Coalition survey. We have a staff of highly trained, qualified, licensed and certified Registered Professional Nurses, Surgical Technicians and assistive personnel.
The Department of Perioperative Services provides care for all patients regardless of ages and offers surgical services in the following areas:
- Orthopedics, including reconstructive, Trauma and Sports injuries
- Minimally invasive procedures including but not limited to Laparoscopic Cholecyctectomy, Laparoscopic hernia repair, Laparoscopic bowel surgery, Sinus surgery, GYN surgery, Arthroscopic joint surgery.
- Vascular surgery including insertion of pacemakers, internal defibrillators and internal cardiac recorders, as well as vascular bypass (except for cardiac) procedures.
- Plastic Surgery both cosmetic and reconstructive.
- ENT procedures including head and neck surgery.
We are open 6 days per week and provide additional coverage for all emergencies 24 hours a day/ seven days per week as well as holidays.
In addition to surgical services we also operate a state of the art Endoscopy suite, performing over 5000 procedures annually. Upper and lower GI procedures as well as bronchoscopy and ERCP procedures are performed daily. The Endoscopy department is open Mon- Friday from 7 AM until 4 PM.
The Department of Anesthesia consists of Five Certified Anesthesiologists and one Certified Registered Nurses Anesthetist. We are on call 24/7 to meet the needs of the patients in surgery as well as emergency procedures throughout the hospital. Members of the Department of Anesthesia provide Pain Management for patients on an Outpatient basis as well as surgical patients.
For further information on the Department or any related issues please call 298-2315 and we will be happy to assist you.